AWC Community Projects Committee
Community social welfare support has been at the heart of AWC for decades. A committee of dedicated volunteers reviews and recommends donations by AWC to Thai charities all over the country. The Community Projects Committee welcomes volunteers. For more information, contact us.
AWC's primary targets are underprivileged women and children, and we are committed to supporting social welfare projects in Thailand as follows:
- Community self-help, income-generating projects: Funds, supplies, or equipment for projects beneﬁting a community or group.
- Medical: Funds or supplies for hospitals, clinics, schools, or orphanages.
- Nutritional: Funds or supplies for nutritional programs.
- Education: Funds for books, supplies, scholarships, playground equipment, or teachers' salaries.
PROJECTS WE SUPPORTHere are some of the charitable organizations and foundations we have supported:
- Karen Hilltribes Trust
- Pakkred Home
- Baan Kretrakarn Home for Girls (with partner iCare)
- Baan Mahamek Home (with partner iCare)
- Baan Poomwaet Home for Boys (with partner iCare)
- iCare Thailand Foundation
- Mercy House Foundation
- NightLight Thailand
- Nonthaburi Reception Home for the Destitute (Thai language site)
- Peace Corps Theatre
- Rainbow Center, CCD (Christian Care Foundation for Children with Disabilities)
- Baan Rachawadee Ying (project under CCD)
- St. Joseph's Home Yala
- The Education for Development Foundation (EDF)
- The Ruth Center of the Project L.I.F.E. Foundation
If you or an organization you know of needs assistance, please contact us for more information.
Would you like to make a difference? GET INVOLVED!
How to Help ~ Whether it's simply collecting small change, contributing toiletries, or donating gently-used household items, you can help.
Volunteer Opportunities ~ Many organizations needs assistance, and there might be just the right fit for you.
The Community Projects Committee welcomes your participation in any role you choose. For more information, contact us.
Updated June 2019