______ We Mourn a Great King ______
The American Women's Club (AWC) of Thailand expresses their deepest sympathy to our beloved Thailand with the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. His devotion to the life, health and betterment of his people is unprecedented. Our thoughts and sympathy are with the royal family and the people of Thailand as they mourn his loss.
We urge everyone to join us in showing respect by maintaining decorum during the period of profound mourning. Pending further announcements and guidance from the Royal Thai Government at this time, the AWC will remain open during normal business hours.
Welcome to AWC!
The best way to enjoy Bangkok is with AWC friends...
Are you new to Bangkok? Or moving here soon? The American Women's Club of Thailand offers just what you need to feel at home ~ whether it's seeing the sights, making friends, contributing your time to worthy causes, or just having fun ~ there's a place for you at AWC. Let us help you make this amazing city of Bangkok the best experience of your life! Any woman living in Thailand, no matter the nationality, is welcome to join our organization. To become a member of AWC, click here. For an overview of what we do, please view the AWC Flyer.
What's on @ AWC...
- Scholarship's English Camp, Fri-Sun, Nov 11-13th ~ Annual 3-day weekend of activities to promote the development of English-language skills in a healthy and fun learning environment.
- Thanksgiving Potluck & Election, Tue, Nov 22nd ~ Please come to Lauri's home for a delicious Asian-style potluck. We will also be voting for next year's AWC officers.
SAVE THE DATE for...
- Holiday Wine & Cheese, Tues, Dec 13th
- Bollywood Lunch for Scholarship, Jan 18th or 19th (TBD)
- Installation of AWC Officers & Volunteer Appreciation, Tues, Jan 24, 2017
Weekdays Ongoing @ AWC
What's on in the Bangkok Community...
- NNR Bazaar, Thur, Nov 3rd
- SILC Annual Bazaar, Fri, Nov 11th
- PILC Christmas Bazaar, Sun, Nov 20th
- Ploenchit Fair, Sat, Nov 26th
- The Melbourne Cup, Tues, Jan 24, 2017
- Marrakesh Charity Lunch by ESTiN, Fri, Jan 27, 2017
The AWC and its members are very involved in the local community through the Community Projects and the Scholarship Committees. We believe each of us can make a difference! Members take advantage of a variety of club activities, such as mahjong, tennis, golf or the book club. Many of our members take excursions, visiting nearby countries as well as interesting locations within Thailand and Bangkok. (View the Calendar of Activities)
OUR WEBSITE! Update your information, view other members in the online directory, and sign up for club activities. All this and more, with AWC Online. Contact the Online Team if you encounter problems, broken links or you just want to make a comment.
AWC offers ONLINE PAYMENT via PAYPAL for events, activities, excursions as well as new memberships and renewals! Click here for more information.
During the national mourning period the next 30 days, we will proceed with the Member Gathering on Oct 18th and Scholarship's English Camp on Nov 11-13th. We have canceled An American Halloween and LNO and postponed the Bollywood Dance Classes. Watch this page, the AWC Facebook group and your email for further information.
AWC Board of Directors
October 14, 2016
|MEMBERS IN ACTION
NEW 20TH EDITION!
AVAILABLE AT AWC
From our friends at ANZWG