AWC Scholarship Sponsor Guide
1. Donation receipt
Here is some basic information you might want to know as a sponsor in the American Women’s Club (AWC) Scholarship Program:
2. Scholarship Student Information
- AWC Sponsors will receive an original receipt within 7-14 days by email, after the donation has been fully processed.
3. Correspondence with Scholarship Students
- Your student information will be sent to you by email after the start of the school term and all students’ enrollments are confirmed by schools. Enclosed in the email are the Student Information Certificate which includes a student photo, map with her province location, and a message from the student.
4. Transfer of Scholarship Funds to the Scholarship Recipients
- Also included with the student information is the name of the counselor and address of the school the student attends. If you wish to correspond with the student, please send a letter to the student in care of the counselor at the school address. Please include your address and email contact information if you would like the student to correspond with you. The student is not given the sponsor contact information by AWC or EDF.
- AWC does not want the student asking the sponsor for money or any inappropriate communication. If your student does so, please let us know at email@example.com, and we will contact the counselor/advisor to inform the student that such communication is not acceptable.
5. Tax-deductible donation receipt
- Funds are transferred to scholarship students twice a year after confirmation of school term enrollment has been received. Funds are transferred in July for the 1st School Term and November for the 2nd School Term.
- Occasionally student substitutions are necessary as a result of factors such as change of school or relocation due to changes in parents’ employment. Sponsors will be informed of such changes and AWC will reallocate the funds to other qualified candidates whose information will be emailed to you at the earliest possible time.
6. Updated news and information
- For taxpayers in Thailand, you may request a tax-deductible donation receipt by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be sent from The Education for Development Foundation (EDF), the nonprofit charitable organization directed by AWC to administer a portion of the Scholarship program.
- For US taxpayers who donate using the EDF America's AWC Scholarship donation page, you will automatically receive a tax-deductible receipt once your payment is processed.
7. School Calendar in Thailand
- AWC Scholarship Program will email news updates to sponsors to keep you informed about our activities and progress reports about our program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us, email@example.com.
- Term I Mid-May / June – early October
- Term II Early November – early March
- Children’s Day 2nd Saturday of January
Scholarship Program ~ Supporting disadvantaged Thai female high school students since 1995
Sponsor a Student ~ 6,000 baht (or US$200) gives a girl the chance to attend one year of high school
Our Partner, EDF ~ Read about this very special partnership
Program FAQ ~ Questions and Answers about the AWC Scholarship Program
Sponsor Guide ~ Some helpful information for our program sponsors
Student News ~ Letters, contest winners and more from our students
Reviewed January 2022