For 6,000 baht (US $200) you can change a life!
Sponsoring young women who are from poor families and who have good academic performance is a chance to help the educational development in Thai society, especially for those living in rural communities.
A scholarship sponsorship covers most educational expenses for one year, enabling a student to further her education. The fees for books, uniforms, supplies, meals and transportation are all the responsibility of the student’s family.These extra expenses are a real burden. The girls and their families need and appreciate your donation.
We have updated information about donations this year. We are offering the new option of making an international wire transfer (see #2). In addition, new requirements for personal checks have been put into effect by Thai banks (see #5). Please read below:
1) Donate cash in person at Casual Connections on Monday mornings (10-11:30am). Location: The Living Room in the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, BTS Asoke. Click here for a printable Sponsorship Application and bring the completed application with your payment.
2) Donate by making a domestic bank transfer (bank fee may apply) or an international wire transfer (bank fee may apply). Here are the details of AWC's bank account:
Account Name: American Women's Club of Thailand
Bank Name: Bank of Ayudhya PCL (BAY)(Krungsri)
Account Number: 116-1-33939-1
Account Type: Savings
Account Branch: Sukhumvit 35
After making the bank or wire transfer, you need to email a copy of the deposit slip for our records to email@example.com. Our bank statement does not show the name of the person making the deposit, and we want to make sure we credit you properly. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Donate via PayPal. Scroll down and complete the form below, then click on "Sponsor" to process your payment. Because PayPal does not allow organizations in our region (APAC) to accept "donations", it will be described as a "subscription." Note that this will automatically renew next year unless you cancel it in PayPal. Instructions will be emailed to you from PayPal on how to do that.
You will notice that AWC's PayPal processes transactions in Thai Baht. Any non-Thai baht transaction will be converted by PayPal. The final converted amount will be approximately US $200 / student. PayPal will display the exact amount when you confirm the payment. Once we receive notification of your payment, we will send a confirmation / thank you email.
4) Donate using a credit card. Email the AWC Treasurer, email@example.com, that you want to be billed and she will create an invoice in PayPal that will be sent to your provided email address. You do NOT need a PayPal account to make the payment using your credit card.
5) Donate by personal check. NOTE : Due to recent banking changes in Thailand, you will need to provide a copy of your passport along with your personal check, and the name on the check MUST match the name on the passport. Otherwise the bank will not accept a personal check.
Click here for a printable Sponsorship Application. Mail your completed application, check and passport copy to our mailing address:
American Women's Club of Thailand Scholarship Program
219/2 2nd Floor Asoke Towers
Soi Asoke, Sukhumvit 21 Road
Bangkok 10110 Thailand